Poe, Steinbeck, Lee
Mr. Trendl is a writer’s-writer and the principal of Literature Tutor. This means this is what he does. This is what he loves professionally and personally. His background is American literature and creative writing, and he continues his voracious reading today. That love of great writing shines through.
He runs a boutique speech writing and executive communications consulting firm, American Speechwriter. His work has been delivered by Olympic athletes, billionaire philanthropists, Fortune 500 CEOs and world leaders across the globe. You may have heard his speeches at Harvard, Princeton, and UCLA.
Prior to his firm, he managed internal and external global communications for divisions and departments of place like Aetna and Aon Hewitt.
Mr. Trendl’s specialty is American literature, though he is ready to help you with world literature as well. His first loves are poetry and literary short stories. This is evidenced in his speeches and fiction. Rhythm, cadence, and tone filter through everything he writes. “There’s music in good writing,” he says.
His teaching style emphasis dialogue, encouraging students to develop their own ideas.
If loves the authors listed below, but he also loves exploring new writers. If you recite Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe, you’re bound to gain Mr. Trendl’s favor.
Mr. Trendl is available to tutor near Suwanee and virtually.
- Poetry forms, styles, and genre
- Fiction forms, styles, and genre
- Speech writing
- Collected Works of Gerard Manley Hopkins, Gerard Manley Hopkins
- Pygmalion, George Bernard Shaw
- Collected Works of Edgar Allan Poe, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
- The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Lord of the Flies, William Golding
- Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Ken Kesey
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain
- The Stranger, Albert Camus
- Metamorphosis, Franz Kafka
- Night, Elie Weisel
- 1984, George Orwell
- Animal Farm, George Orwell
- Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury
- Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
Let tutor Anthony Trendl help your student today. Contact us.
Teaches: Fiction, Poetry, Writing
Preferred Student Age
Elementary School (5th grade and up)
High School (12-18)
College and Beyond
Level of Students
Mr. Trendl started tutoring in college and has been involved as a teacher ever since. He’s taught all ages, corporate clients, and international students.
2007 – Present
2012 – Present
Tree Fort Books, author
2018 – Present
Qualifications & Certifications
1993 – 1999
International Communications (all but thesis)
Illinois State University
Bachelor of Science
American literature, American poetry, British poetry, fiction and poetry writing